Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The seizures have started again...

Praise... the God of all comfort, who comforts us(I) in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.   2 Corinthians 1:3

Edmond has been having seizures for the past week. On Monday morning, (yesterday), he started convulsing as well while having them. We upped his dose on Friday and then again on Sunday night so that he is on the maximum dose of Keppra for his body weight at 4.5ml twice daily. Thank you for your prayers. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow with his neurologist, I'm sure they will want to discuss adding other medicines to his treatment regiment, I hate doing this because I know it will dope him up, but if we don't stop the seizures he will be sleepy all the time anyways. Edmond continues to grow and eat very well, thank God for that. He has been extra sleepy due to his recent increase of breakthrough seizures. 

Edmond showing a little dimple with his Lola Vernie
It's difficult times like these that we have to remember past encouragement we have received regarding Edmond. There is one particular event that I cling to often and I'd like to share with you. 


When we first received the news about Edmond and were sitting stunned in that ICU hospital room, God put the most unusual person on my heart to call and come and pray for my son. It was my ex-boyfriend's mother Sally. I hadn't really been in touch with Sally since I had dated her son, over 5 years earlier. Growing up as a pastor's kid, I know a great network of pastors and leaders that could have crossed my mind and I could have wanted to call to come and pray for Edmond, but nevertheless, I felt God putting it in my heart to have Sally come. I got her number from a mutual friend and left her a voicemail the next morning from the ICU room simply asking her to come and pray for my son. Sally lived in the neighborhood next to the hospital so I was sure it wouldn't be hard at all for her to come by. To my surprise I didn't hear back from her until 2pm that day. When she finally called, she said she was in Russian River at a women's retreat with her daughter and just happened to drive away from the site on a short break and was able to get reception on her phone which showed she had a message from me. She said she felt strongly that she needed to come directly to me, so her daughter and her just kept driving away from Russian River and straight back to San Francisco, leaving all their stuff behind at the conference. 

I was a little surprised at how quickly she had made the decision to leave the conference and come to the hospital, especially since it was a 3 hour drive. I soon discovered why Sally had felt so strongly that she needed to be with us. Upon arriving to the hospital, Sally showed me a text message that she had received from a Christian lady who she had met in a church in Hawaii, THREE WEEKS earlier. Three weeks before we knew anything was wrong at all with baby Edmond. The text message said, and I quote, 

"In this assignment you are to pray a true intimate eternal relational encounter over baby’s family!! God is calling them!! Attention!  Baby is already covered!! Keep praying for baby’s family!!"   

Sally said to me that she had been praying for the baby and family described in this text message for 3 weeks, asking God to show her, who is this family? who is this baby? When she saw that I had left her a voicemail, which was completely out of the blue, and that I needed prayer for my son, she immediately remembered the text message and scanned through her messages for it to read it again, and knew that this text message was for me and my family and that is why she felt the urgency to come and pray with us for baby Edmond. At the time Adonis and I cried and thanked God for his timely word of encouragement. "The baby is already covered" she said. I hold onto this word in times like these, I was ready for God to completely heal and restore Edmond that very day, my faith was so encouraged by this event. Although it has been 7 months since that day, we continue to believe that God has a plan for our family and it is a good plan, no matter how hard days are and how hard things seem. I know God's got our back. We continue to believe that Edmond is, "already covered." We continue to covet your prayers of faith. God is in control. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prescription sunglasses are essential for people who are suffering from several or another visionary issues.